Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Visibility

      It could have just been my mindset while I read Italo Calvino's article, Visibility, but I found it at times to be difficult to follow. In his article, Calvino dwelves into the concept of imagination. Using examples such as Dante in his book Purgatorio and using St. Ignatsius Loyola. He talks about the different features of imagination, and how it can be visualised through writing or can inspire writing. Calvino also questions where we get our images in our imagination from. Through his examples, he suggests that maybe those images come from God. I understand the concepts he was drawing on from Dante because I have read Purgatorio twice, however Calvino's writing was still confusing to me so I hope I will have a better understanding of it after our class discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment